Monday, June 8, 2009

Northwest Coast Update

Hi folks,

Though I'd drop in and report on my bizarrely Broadway-inspired doings of today, as befitting an update from the NW contingent of MTG. And say that I miss all y'all tons and tons and am bored out of my skull at home :(.

Went to the dinky library one city over, since the one in my podunk town is the size of a double wide. You have to literally drive down off the mountain to get to the nearest pharmacy. Oy. Anywho, I went a little batshit crazy there and picked up:

-Caroline or Change
-Sherry!
-The Life
-Follies in Concert DVD
-Whisper House, Duncan Sheik's new "musical" in the works
-Gypsy libretto
-Driving Miss Daisy text
-You Can't Take It With You text
-Speed-the-Plow text
-When You Are Engulfed in Flames
-Ken Bloom's 101 Greatest Broadway Musicals

and since there's nothing I love so much as reviewing/discussing/talking smack about these things, would love to have y'alls reactions/thoughts/epithets on the above, as well as any shows you might see in . The main bonuses of Seattle-ish are the mostly temperate weather and the fact that a lot of folks here seem to be fairly theatre-crazed, which explains why said podunk library even stocked these.

And, I might have also read through Tickety-Tock, aka the Schmuel Song in children's easy-reader format. And checked out and blasted through the novelization of 13. I actually really liked the latter, especially as it filled out the plot points I miss from just having the album.

Yay NPH! Boo Tony's producers. Ick to mom/son dynamic in N2N, but a big "Yes, Please!" to Aaron Tveit. And Gavin Creel.

-j

No comments:

Post a Comment